Global Ties ABQ is seeking an Executive Director to drive its vision of being a leader in creating meaningful global engagements and building professional networks to advance Albuquerque, NM as a thriving international city. We do this through international exchange programs, local educational programs, and international community-building activities.
Global Ties ABQ was formed in 1984. Since then, it has grown to two full-time staff and hosts 250+ international visitors on an annual basis through U.S. Department of State Exchange Programs. We seek an innovative and well-organized leader who will lead the organization and who will continue to develop a community-focused branch of programming as set out in the Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan aims to increase inbound programs, launch an outbound program for Albuquerque’s emerging leaders, and carry out a content marketing plan that educates the Albuquerque community on important international issues.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Global Ties ABQ’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission and strategic plan. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Board Relations: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading Global Ties ABQ in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. This includes serving as an ex-officio of all Board committees.
- Responsible for communicating effectively to the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Organization Mission, Leadership, and Strategy: Works with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach. Responsible for:
- implementation of Global Ties ABQ’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission. This includes ensuring that Global Ties ABQ is securing International Visitor Leadership Program groups at the appropriate funding level. Programming for various international delegations will be required at times;
- implementing the strategic plan to ensure that Global Ties ABQ can successfully fulfill its mission in the future;
continuous improvement of all Global Ties ABQ’s programming;
- enhancement of Global Ties ABQ’s image by being active and visible in the community working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations;
- actively engaging and energizing volunteers, board members, members, partner organizations, and donors;
building partnerships in new areas to help the organization grow and better support its mission; and
advocating for international exchange programs to local, state and national representatives and stakeholders
Operations: Oversees and implements resources to ensure successful operations. Responsible for:
- hiring and retaining qualified staff;
- coaching and developing staff and interns;
- signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization; and
overseeing the engagement and cultivation of the organization’s 150+ volunteers.
Financial Performance, Fundraising and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Responsible for:
- the fiscal integrity of Global Ties ABQ, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements;
fiscal management within the approved budget;
- work with the Board Treasurer to maintain accounts, systems and files in order to meet legal and financial obligations;
- ensure effective systems to track progress and communicate that progress to the Board, donors, and other constituents;
- andactively engage in fundraising activities to generate additional revenue streams to support program operations.
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Relations or similar academic background or equivalent work experience.
Highly developed interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
Cultural awareness and knowledge of international issues.
Experience in creating/managing budgets.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Experience in managing a team and working in a diverse cultural environment.
Experience with various software applications (MS Office Suite, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, CRM systems, WordPress).
Experience with event planning.
Proven marketing skills.
Customer service skills.
Attendance and participation in evening and weekend events as required.
Willingness to travel as needed.
Public speaking and grant writing.
Proven track record in developing and maintaining local, national, and international relationships
Masters Degree in Business Administration, International Affairs, Public Administration or other related field.
Strong professional connections in Albuquerque, NM.
Fundraising experience and private sector relationships.
Knowledge of a second major world language.
Experience with advocating to elected officials and working with federal and state agencies and grants.
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter by June 1st.
Internships at Global Ties ABQ
All internship opportunities for Summer 2018 have been filled. Please reach out in July 2018 for fall opportunities. Thanks!