African Women’s Entrepreneurship Program (AWEP)
Global Ties ABQ is proud to host an IVLP program on African Women’s Entrepreneurship. We welcome 22 visitors from Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Zimbabwe. This program will focus on the following objectives outlined by the US State Department:
• Introduce the political, economic and social factors that influence and encourage the development of private enterprise in the U.S.;
• Explain the role the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) plays in encouraging U.S.-African exports from Department of State, Congressional and private sector perspectives;
• Highlight the contributions of women to local economies and technology development;
• Explore the gender dimensions of international economics, trade liberalization and international finance with a focus on Africa;
• Illustrate the essential role of non-governmental and grassroots organizations in supporting women’s development and empowering women; and
• Provide a platform for the participants to showcase products and make important business linkages.
The delegation will be here on July 17, 2018 and will be networking with local resources. If you would like to get involved please check out our “Get Involved” link or contact us at 505-888-1867.