Regional Responses to Refugee and Migration Issues
May 17 - May 22
Global Ties ABQ welcomes 12 visitors from Europe and Eurasia visiting New Mexico to observe New Mexico’s programs to resettle refugees and provide services. Visitors will have the opportunity to experience local government support of refugees and immigrants
services and programs to empower refugees. This program will focus on the following objectives outlined by the US State Department:
• Examine federal, state, and local government policies and initiatives and intergovernmental action to resettle and integrate refugees;
• Explore private sector efforts and public-private programs to combat discrimination, integrate immigrant and minority communities, and resettle refugees and provide services;
• Review interagency efforts and standards for processing and resettling refugees in the United States;
• Explore opportunities and initiatives for international cooperation on refugee issues.
• Study initiatives that broaden immigrants’ and minorities’ employment opportunities and civic participation; and
• Highlight federal, state, local and NGO outreach to youth from immigrant and minority communities.
The delegation will be here from May 17-22, 2018 and will be networking with local resources such as U.S. Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham, Refugee Well-Being Project, International Business Students Global, Global One to One, Kei and Molly Textiles LLC, One Hope: Centro de Vida Health Center, Albuquerque Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs, and Global Innovator Program Speaking Engagement. If you would like to get involved please check out our “Get Involved” link or contact us at 505-888-1867.