Position Available: Executive Director
Global Ties ABQ strives to be a leader in creating meaningful global engagements and building professional networks to advance Albuquerque, NM as a thriving international city. We do this through international exchange programs, local educational programs, and international community-building activities.
Global Ties ABQ was formed in 1984 to serve as the Albuquerque host for international visitors in partnership with the U.S. Department of State Exchange Programs. Today Global Ties ABQ hosts over 350 visitors annually on topics ranging from journalism, environmental management, public health to women’s rights. Global Ties ABQ also engages Albuquerque’s emerging leaders and seeks to educate the Albuquerque community on important international issues.
Global Ties ABQ seeks candidates who demonstrate a commitment to leading an organization that engages with international relations, prioritizes community leadership, and manifests diplomacy. Candidates with experience working with international communities and business and community leaders are highly encouraged to apply. The responsibilities of the position include:
Organization Mission, Leadership, and Strategy:
● Implement the strategic plan to ensure that Global Ties ABQ can successfully fulfill its mission in the future.
● Assist staff with the delivery of the International Visitor Leadership Program.
● Provide ideas for the continuous improvement of all Global Ties ABQ’s programming.
● Advocate for international exchange programs to local, state and national representatives and stakeholders.
Communications and Outreach:
● Enhance of Global Ties ABQ’s image by being active and visible in the community working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations. Building partnerships in new areas to help the organization grow and better support its mission.
● Actively engage and energize Global Ties volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
● Manage Global Ties ABQ external platforms and produce content and materials for varied audiences (including but not limited to, social media content, newsletters, website copy).
● Strengthen processes for creating consistent content and messaging
● Oversee and implement resources to ensure successful operations.
● Manage the hiring of qualified staff.
● Coach and develop staff and interns.
● Sign MOUs, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
● Oversee the engagement and cultivation of the organization’s membership and volunteers.
Financial Performance and Viability:
● Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
● Maintain the fiscal integrity of Global Ties ABQ, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements.
● Manage operations within the approved budget.
● Work with the Board Treasurer to maintain accounts, systems and files in order to meet legal and financial obligations.
● Ensure effective systems to track progress and regularly evaluate program components
● Actively engage in fundraising activities to generate additional revenue streams to support program operations.
● Serve as staff to the Board of Directors. This includes serving as an ex-officio of all Board committees.
● Communicate effectively to the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
● Work with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
● Be an outgoing individual, passionate about the organization, and capable of creating a compelling story about our organization, and engage new people into that story.
● Bachelor Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
● Highly developed interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
● Cultural awareness and knowledge of international issues.
● Experience in managing a team and working in a diverse cultural environment.
● Proven marketing skills.
● Strong professional connections in Albuquerque, NM.
● Fundraising experience and private sector relationships.
● Experience with advocating to elected officials and working with federal and state agencies and grants.
$45,000 to $50,000 depending on qualifications plus benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, and annual stipend for professional development.
Kindly send cover letter and resume with full contact information for three references to Jill van Nortwick, President, Global Ties ABQ email@example.com
Interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Application period closes on December 6, 2019. Ideally, the successful candidate will start between January 1 and February 1,
Global Ties ABQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and strives to build a staff and board that reflect the diversity of our constituencies and the neighborhoods, families and students Global Ties ABQ serves. Global Ties ABQ does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
No other positions are currently available. In the meantime, become a member! Your time, talent, and financial contributions from membership dues help us achieve our vision of creating meaningful global engagement.